Monday, August 8, 2011

Watch The Throne.

Kanye and Jay-Z dropped there debut collaboration album Watch The Throne. The album begins with the Frank Ocean featured track "No Church In The Wild." The song is somewhat laid back only to be followed by the uptempo track "Lift Off" featuring Beyonce. The next couple of songs follow the uptempo trend. "New Day" is a ode to Kanye's unborn son, with Ye explaining that he doesn't want his son to make the same mistakes he did. While Jay-Z apologizes for the life he knows his nephew will soon have to live, but ensuring his nephew that he will always be there for him. "Murder Of Excellence" is a song about many of the homicides going on around the urban areas in the country and about how us working to together will benefit everyone. The album concludes with the rock influenced "Why I Love You" featuring Mr. Hudson. In my opinion the album was good, but just because two of the hottest MC's come together and put together an album doesn't make it an instant classic. It takes me personally a couple months to consider an album a classic. This one is very good but not a classic yet in my opinion. While I feel like a couple songs could have been left off,  It will take me a few more listens to make my final decision. Songs to listen to "No Church In The Wild" "Murder Of Excellence" "Why I Love You" "Illest Muthafucka Alive" 
8.5/10




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive